Ladybug day is here!
Come out to Shangri La today and enjoy FREE ADMISSION as we celebrate our helpful insect, the Ladybug. Ladybug releases will happen every half hour, beginning at 9:30am, throughout the Gardens.
There will also be ladybug face painting, ladybug-themed crafts, ladybug story time and much more! Come out and join us to learn just how helpful these little beetles can be.
Ladybug Day scheduled events:
- Ladybug releases in the perennial border – every half hour, 9:30am – 4pm
- Story time in Children’s Garden – 10 & 11am; 1 & 2pm
Fun Things Happening throughout the day:
- Face Painting at the Frog Ponds
- Costumed Ladybug (roaming the Gardens to take pictures with your family)
- Drop-In Ladybug stationary activity at the Lab
- Ladybug sticker table on the walkway by Volunteer Services Office
While you’re here, be astounded by larger-than-life bug sculptures in the exhibition David Rogers’ Big Bugs, on display through May 28 (with extended Sunday hours throughout the exhibition, noon – 5pm).
The Gardens will be open for one hour past this event, until 5pm, for your enjoyment.