- NO SMOKING OR TOBACCO PRODUCTS.
- The entire Shangri La area is a smoke-free, tobacco-free environment, indoors and outdoors.
- There are NO designated smoking and/or tobacco-use areas within the boundaries of Shangri La, including outdoor areas.
- Visitors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult, and children must be supervised at all times.
- No climbing, running, jumping, sports, or games. Athletic and recreational equipment is not allowed.
- Recreational sports and activities, including skating, skateboarding, rollerblading, cycling, ball playing, kites, Frisbees, etc., are not permitted.
- Stay on pathways and use only designated paths. Do not walk in garden beds.
- Leave flowers and plants for everyone to enjoy. Do not pick, collect or remove seeds, flowers, fruits, vegetables, plant labels, feathers, etc.
- Do not wade or swim in ponds, streams, lakes, fountains or other water sources.
- Do not climb trees, walls, fences, fountains, rock formations or artwork. Visitors will be held liable for any damage caused or contributed by them to Garden property.
- Use electronic audio devices with earphones only.
- No firearms.
No alcohol, except as may be permitted in connection with an approved catered event.
- No pets. Upon presentment of appropriate documentation, service animals may accompany visitors with disabilities.
- Shirt and shoes are required at all times.
- Commercial/event photography, tripods and/or easels are only permitted by prior arrangement and pursuant to separate policies.
- Dispose of trash in designated recycle bins and trashcans.
- Do not feed or handle wildlife. It can be harmful to them and to you.
- Fishing is not allowed from the edges of the Bayou or at any point inside Shangri La.
- Use Garden benches for resting. Blankets and folding chairs are not permitted.
- No picnics or coolers. With the exception of bottled water and baby bottles, food and beverages may not be brought onto the premises of Shangri La. Food and drinks may be purchased and consumed at the Star and Crescent Moon Cafe.
- Visitors who wish to picnic may do so nearby at the Municipal Recreational Area adjacent to the Shangri La Visitor Parking Area across Park Avenue. School groups that are part of a reserved School Group Tour are subject to separate directions regarding picnicking.
- Cars are allowed only in designated areas.
Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center is a serene oasis for humans and other creatures in the heart of Orange, Texas. To ensure the safety of our guests, enhance visitor experience, and protect and preserve the natural habitat and beauty of the Gardens, please observe the following rules and regulations:
BE KIND TO YOUR WORLD.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.