Explore Shangri La with a group of your friends, co-workers, family members, students, or anyone else you choose. Group tours of 20 or more people are available Tuesday through Saturday, by appointment and include a guided garden and/or outpost tour. Children and others requiring assistance must have supervision at all times.
ENTRANCE FEES FOR GROUP TOURS
|Garden Tour Only||Outpost Tour Only||Garden and Outpost Tours|
The Botanical Garden Tour is a walking tour of the formal Botanical Gardens lead by a knowledgeable guide to provide information and interpretation. The walk is a little over one mile and takes approximately two hours. All paths are wheelchair accessible. A minimum of 10 people is required and there is no limit to the number of people who can participate.
The Outpost Tour is a short walk to our Nature Discovery Center where visitors board a pontoon boat and take a short ride on Adams Bayou to one of the outposts in the Cypress/ Tupelo Swamp. A knowledgeable guide is on board to provide information and and interpretation. The tour takes approximately one hour thirty minutes. All paths are wheelchair accessible. A minimum of 20 people is required for this tour. Availability is limited to 26 people per boat. Two boats may be available, for a maximum of 52. Children under 4 years of age are not allowed on Outpost Tours.
For the enjoyment of all guests on the Outpost Tour, we ask that all cell phones be silenced and that passengers refrain from using cell phones or other electronic devices for the duration of the boat ride.
- A minimum of 10 visitors is required for a group tour of the Gardens and 20 people for a tour of the Outpost.
- Your date is not reserved until your deposit has been processed and you have received written confirmation.
- A 20% deposit is required for tour(s) and box lunches. Once your reservation itinerary has been schedule the deposit will be due within 7 days. Failure to pay deposit will result in cancellation.
- You must cancel your tour at least 30 days in advance to receive a refund of your deposit.
- Full payment is due no later than 14 days prior to visit. If payment is not received by the due date, the tour will be canceled.
- No part of the payment is refundable even if fewer people attend than planned.
- If a tour is reserved and at the time payment is due the number drops below the minimum number of people, payment for the minimum amount is still required in order to keep the reserved date.
- All group tour members must participate in the same tour, though to accommodate large groups, members may be split among multiple tours.
- All Group Tours are guided and informative tours.
- A tour canceled due to weather will be rescheduled.
- Group Tour is a guided and informative tour.
- In order to keep tours on schedule, visitors are encouraged to reserve box lunches at our Star and Crescent Moon Cafe instead of leaving the grounds during lunch.
- The Star and Crescent Moon Cafe Boxed Lunches (with pre-arranged tour) include choice of sandwich or salad, chips, fruit, cookie and bottled water for only $8.50, plus tax. Click here for the Adult Box Lunch Menu 2013
- The Star and Crescent Moon Cafe Children’s Box Lunches (ages 12 and under please, with pre-arranged tour) include choice of sandwich, chips, fruit, cookie and your choice of bottled water or juice box for only $5.50, plus tax. Click here for the Childrens Box Lunch Menu 2013
- Group tours are welcome to order from the menu, but groups of 15 or more are encouraged to order box lunches to ensure prompt service.
- Completed order form with payment in full for boxed lunches is due no less than 7 days prior to arrival. Payment should be made to the Cafe separately from your group tour ticket payments. All sales are final upon payment and may not be refunded or changed.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for menu questions and special requests and email@example.com to order box lunches.
- No outside food or drink, other than bottled water is permitted in Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center.