Buggin’ Out – 2016 Juried Student Art Exhibition
The Stark Museum of Art and Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center are pleased to announce the 2016 juried student art exhibition: Buggin’ Out. This special exhibition of juried student art work will accompany the STARK Cultural Venues presentations of David Rogers’ Big Bugs March 1 through May 28, 2016.
The exhibition of student artwork will be juried by Staff at the Stark Museum of Art and Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center, and will include up to 150 works of art created by K-12 artists in Region 5, TX and Calcasieu Parish, LA.
Artwork should depict at least one insect or arachnid in its natural habitat.
Important Dates and Information:
- Registration forms and guidelines available here.
- Artwork must be delivered to the Stark Museum of Art by Friday, December 11, 2015.
- Artists will be notified of their selection by February 12, 2016.
- Two pieces of artwork will be specially selected for Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center. One of the pieces will be used as the 2016 Eco-Fest t-shirt; the second piece will be used as the cover for the Shangri La 2016-2017 Schedule of Classes.
- Artwork not selected for the exhibition will be scanned and featured in a digital display inside the museum and must be picked up by March 1, 2015.
- Exhibited artwork must be picked up from the Museum no later than June 30, 2016.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Restauri at 409.221.6685 or email@example.com.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Artist must currently be enrolled in grades K -12 in public, private, or homeschool in Region 5, TX or and Calcasieu Parish, LA. Artwork will be juried and exhibited in 5 categories: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12, Special Education.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional, hand-rendered, and be no larger than 9” x 12”. Matted submissions will not be accepted and returned immediately to the artist or teacher submitting the work.
- Only one original, hand-rendered artwork per artist may be submitted.
- Artwork must depict an insect or arachnid in its natural habitat.
- Artist must clearly print his/her name, grade level and school on the back of his/her submission.
- Artist must submit a completed artist statement worksheet with their submission (see registration form). Worksheets should be neatly handwritten. The Museum is not responsible for misspellings due to illegible writing.
- Registration form, with student and parent signatures, MUST accompany the artwork.
- Artwork will be juried on 4 criteria: skillful use of chosen medium, commensurate with artist’s grade level; composition and design; impact of the image; and creativity.