2017 Juried Student Art ExhibitionThe Stark Museum of Art is pleased to announce the 2017 juried student art exhibition: Drawn West. This special exhibition of juried student artwork will accompany the Stark Museum of Art’s special exhibition Branding the American West March 11 – August 19, 2017.
Featured Artists Announced – click here!
Student Artist Recognition Ceremony – April 5, 2017
Important Dates and Information:
- Registration forms will be available online beginning September 1, 2016.
- DEADLINE EXTENDED! Artwork must be delivered to the Stark Museum of Art by
Friday, December 16, 2016January 9, 2017.
- Artists will be notified of their selection by email no later than February 10, 2017.
- Artwork not selected for the exhibition will be scanned and featured in a digital display inside the Museum and must be picked up by March 1, 2017.
- Exhibited artwork must be picked up from the Museum between October 3-28, 2017.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Artist must currently be enrolled in grades K -12 in public, private, or homeschool in Region 5, Texas or and Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana. Artwork will be juried and exhibited in four categories: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional, hand-rendered, and 9 x 12 inches.Matted submissions will not be accepted and will be returned immediately to the artist or teacher submitting the work.
- Only one original, hand-rendered artwork per artist may be submitted.
- Artwork must depict an image inspired by the American West.
- Artist must clearly print his/her name, grade level and school on the back of his/her submission.
- Artist must submit a completed artist statement worksheet with their submission (see registration form). Worksheets should be neatly handwritten. The Museum is not responsible for misspellings due to illegible writing.
- Completed registration form, with student and parent signatures, MUST accompany the artwork.
- Artwork will be juried on five criteria: skillful use of chosen medium, commensurate with artist’s grade level; composition and design; artist statement; impact of the image; and creativity.