Whispering Canyons by Michelle Olson, LCM High School
This Land Was Made for You and Me
2018 Juried Student Art Exhibition
Important Dates and Information:
- Registration forms will be available online beginning August 1, 2017.
- DEADLINE: Artwork must be delivered to the Stark Museum of Art by Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
- Selected artists will be announced on the Stark Museum of Art website no later than February 23, 2018.
- Artwork not selected for the exhibition will be scanned and featured in a digital display inside the Museum and must be picked up by March 30, 2018.
- Artwork selected for the juried student art exhibition must be picked up at the Museum from June 12-22, 2018.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Artist must currently be enrolled in grades K -12 in public, private, or homeschool in Region 5, TX or and Calcasieu Parish, LA. Artwork will be juried and exhibited in 4 categories: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional, hand-rendered, and 9 x 12 inches. Matted or mounted submissions will not be accepted and will be returned immediately to the artist or teacher submitting the work.
- Only 1 original, hand-rendered artwork per artist may be submitted.
- Artwork should depict an image inspired by the lakes, prairies, mountains, coasts, or deserts of the United States of America.
- Artist must clearly print his/her name, grade level and school on the back of his/her submission.
- Artist must submit a completed registration form with artist statement with their submission (see registration form). Worksheets should be neatly handwritten. The Museum is not responsible for misspellings due to illegible writing.
- Completed registration form, with student and parent signatures, MUST accompany the artwork. Artwork without both parent and student signatures will be disqualified.
- Artwork will be judged on 5 criteria: skillful use of chosen medium; commensurate with artist’s grade level; composition and design; artist statement; impact of the image; and creativity.