Portraits of Our Community
2019 Juried Student Art Exhibition
Featured Artists – click here!
Award Recipients – click here
Student Artist Recognition Ceremony – April 3, 2019
Additional Teacher Information
Important Dates and Information:
- Registration forms will be available online beginning September 11, 2018.
- A classroom presentation is available for teachers to help them discuss this year’s theme and guidelines with students. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- DEADLINE: Artwork must be delivered to the Stark Museum of Art by Tuesday, February 5, 2019 no later than 5:00 p.m.
- Featured artists will be announced online at starkmuseum.org on March 1, 2019.
- Artwork not selected for the exhibition will be scanned and featured in a digital display inside the Museum and must be picked up by March 22, 2019. Artwork that is not picked up will be discarded.
- Featured artists will be honored at the 2019 Juried Art Reception & Awards on Wednesday, April 3, 2019 from 5:00 -7:00 p.m.
- Exhibited artwork selected must be picked up at the Museum on May 22-25, 2019. Artwork that is not picked up will be discarded.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Artist must currently be enrolled in grades K -12 in public, private, or homeschool in Region 5, TX or and Calcasieu Parish, LA. Artwork will be juried and exhibited in 4 categories: 1-3, 4-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional, and either hand-rendered or traditional/digitally manipulated images.
- Artwork must be no smaller than 8” x 10” and no larger than 9” x 12”.
- Matted submissions will not be accepted and returned immediately to the artist or teacher submitting the work.
- Only 1 original artwork per artist may be submitted.
- Artwork must depict a person or group of people from Southeast Texas and/or Southwest Louisiana.
- Artwork must have artist name, grade level and school on the back of his/her submission.
- Artist must submit a completed artist statement worksheet with their submission (see registration form). Worksheets should be neatly handwritten or typed. The Museum is not responsible for misspellings due to illegible writing.
- Completed registration form, with student and parent signatures, MUST accompany the artwork. All students regardless of age must have both parent and student signature.
- Artwork will be judged on 4 criteria: skillful use of chosen medium; commensurate with artist’s grade level; composition and design; artist statement; and creativity.