Bridge City High School, Malayna Motomura, Exodus, 2018
2019 Orange County Rising Senior Art Exhibition
The Stark Museum of Art is pleased to announce ARISE: 2019 Orange County Rising Senior Art Exhibition
, a new student art exhibition featuring original works of art from rising high school seniors in Orange County. The inaugural exhibition will be held June 8 – July 27, 2019 in the Community Gallery at the Stark Museum of Art. The exhibition is open to all rising seniors enrolled in private, public, or homeschool in Orange County.
Important Dates and Information:
- Registration forms will be available online beginning January 14, 2019.
- Artwork must be delivered to the Stark Museum of Art by Tuesday, May 7, 2019 no later than 5:00 p.m.
- An opening reception will be held from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 8, 2019. All participating students will be recognized.
- Exhibited artwork must be picked up from the Museum on July 30 – August 2, 2019. Artwork that is not picked up will be discarded.
For questions or information, please contact Jennifer Restauri Dickinson at 409.221.6685 or at email@example.com.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Artist must currently be a rising senior for the 2019-2020 school year in public, private, or homeschool in Orange County.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional, and either hand-rendered or traditional/digitally manipulated images made in the 2018-2019 school year.
- Framed artwork may be no larger than 18” x 24”.
- Artwork must be appropriate for an audience of all ages, including children. Excessively violent themes, offensive, crude, or derogatory subjects or designs are not permitted. Artworks that reflect controversial, political, or religious themes are not permitted. Stark Museum, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject or remove any submission that fails to meet these standards.
- Each submission must be completely finished (NO WET PAINT/NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Only one original artwork per artist may be submitted.
- Artwork MUSTbe ready to hang at the time of submission. Artwork must be framed in a black frame.
Frames must be equipped with securely attached hanging wire (not string, twine or yarn). No saw tooth hangers, adhesive wire strips, clips or other fasteners should be used.
- Artwork must have artist name and school on the back of his/her submission.
- Artist must submit a 150-200 word artist statement about their artwork with their submission. Artist statements must be typed.
- Completed registration form, with student and parent signatures, MUST accompany the artwork. All students regardless of age must have both parent and student signature.